I was nominated by two gorgeous fellow bloggers from Mommy can’t even blog https://mommycanteven.wordpress.com and In the Life with Ayo blog https://inthelifewithayo.wordpress.com respectively for two separate awards and they have asked me to answer a couple of questions that was selected for me and decided to do one post (let’s be honest I wasn’t going to do two separate posts) Because I was nominated twice and had received two sets of questions, I will answer them all to the best of my ability. If you are interested in what I have to say, then please keep watching.
- What is your passion in life? I have plenty of small passions, if that makes sense, i love Youtube channels and secretly wish i had the guts to do them myself, make up, food, owning my own business, my children, being successful.
- What kind of work out routines do you do?
I train with a group of family and friends twice a week, on Tuesdays it’s a dance class and a Wednesday’s we do a boot camp class. I love these classes so much because it literally has my aunties, sister, cousins, women to have been married into the family, and girlfriends in the classes. We have become so comfortable with each other and it definitely is loads of fun. We get to have a moment away from our lives to train, get healthy and be a little social, but don’t be fooled, Nizaam our coach is brutal and makes us work hard to get the healthy bodies we want.
- What is your favorite recipe/meal?
In definitely into smoothies these days and chicken salad is my staple meal every day at work, however I love the good stuff, my mom’s home-made bredies like cabbage and pumpkin food. When I’m out, I gravitate towards Sushi.
- What is the craziest/funniest thing your kids have done? (If you don’t have kids, any kid will work fine, or significant other, whatever)
Gosh they are constantly doing crazy things. The girls are always singing and dancing, and we used to let them watch the music channel on DSTV, and we seriously enjoyed seeing them singing along with the tunes, however, one day Anaconda by Nicki Minaj came on and Zia started twerking, that’s when we knew there was absolutely no freaking way they were going to watch music videos anymore. It was kinda funny though.
- What is your favorite part of the holidays?
Definitely being able to spend time with my family. The girls keeps us on our toes all the time, so the holidays are a perfect way of just letting loose and taking them to productive places where they are able to be themselves and happy and crazy like parks and beaches.
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
I don’t dwell on accomplishments, because whenever you feel like you have had an accomplishment you then feel like you either need more, or it wasn’t what you wanted it to be. I have a lot though, being married to an amazing man, my daughters, being a home owner, my blog of course, heck getting my license was an accomplishment.
- What object is directly to your left?
- Who is your role model?
I don’t have a specific role model, but I look up to my aunts and friends who have done things in their lives that they are proud of, and that gives me a great deal of motivation to be the same way or to do things that I can be proud of.
- What is your biggest goal?
To have my own business
What do you believe in?
God, my family, love and myself
And now we getting onto the second set of questions:
- What are two quotes you live by and why? I don’t live by any quotes unfortunately.
- What’s one thing you want to accomplish if money wasn’t the issue?
I would love to do a few courses in preparation and making of food, chocolate making, confectionery, project management and business management and theeeennnn start my own company and be South Africa’s Kimora Simmons. That woman is the queen.
3. Finish this… If you knew me when I was younger you would know that I loved chocolate. Like A lot
4. If you can send a video to your future self what would you say?
That everything is going to be ok! You got this!
5. What’s your #1 pet peeve?
Ok, some people might not like this, but my #1 pet peeve is when people come to my home unannounced, look I don’t mind when people come, in fact I love it, but that 5 minute clear up period does wonders for your stress level. Moms with toddlers will know what I’m talking about. The last thing I want is someone coming over and my house looks a mess, let’s face it you have no strength or energy to pick up every 10 minutes after your toddler.
- What is your ideal dream job?
Being my own boss. I don’t think there is anything more rewarding.
- If someone made a movie of your life what would it be a drama, comedy, comedy, action film, our science-fiction?
- If you had to give up one favourite food what would be the hardest to give up?
- If you have the power to transport yourself anywhere instantly where would you go and why?
Another country for sure, because you are able to take on all the culture, food, scenery, everything that your heart’s desire, and then go home instantly would be so cool.
10. Are you a morning or a night person?
Afternoon person, I’m moody in the morning and at night (most times) because I’m tired lol
Ok so I really hope that you enjoyed my answers and feel free to answer them yourself. Would love to read your comments and answers if you doing the post yourself.